Religious ceremony in Gosaindkunda-14 Days
A huge number of visitors celebrated Janaipurnima festival on August 16 making their journey more dynamic and excited on the snowy laps of mysterious Gosaikunda. People throng at large number on trekking to view mountainous looks along with the religious ceremony.
Gosaikunda, (kunda literally means pond or lake) the shrine for many deities of regular Hindu pilgrimage, that lies in Rasuwa district, north from Kathmandu, Nepal. One of Nepal’s most famous religious places of pilgrimage is Gosainkunda lake situated at an altitude of about 4,380 metres under the Langtang National Park where are 100 species of flora and fauna, many more wild lives, disappearing snow-leopard and red panda. A total of 108 glacial fed lakes small to medium including Bhairavkunda, Saraswatikunda and Dudhkunda (milk-pond ) are in this area and also the challenging Lauribina La pass 4,610 meters on its outskirts.
Surrounded by high mountains on the north and east, this lake is grand and picturesque, and the Trishuli river originates from the ponds of Gosaikunda. It is believed to have originated from the digging of the land by the Trishul (holy 3-pointed sword) of lord Shiva after he drank the poison from samudramanthan (sea- charning) and desperately wanted cold water to drink quenching the overwhelming heat of the poison. The large rock in the center of the lake is said to be the remains of a Shiva shrine and it is also claimed that channel carries water from the lake directly to the tank at the Kumbheshwar Temple in Patan of Kathmandu valley.
Every year during Janai Purnima that fall n full moon in August, thousands of Hindu pilgrims come to take holy bath in the lake. It is believed that if one prayed and bathed
in those ponds, one would get fulfilled one’s wish and salvation in life. Whereas Hindu people from different parts of the country as well from abroad visit the sacred place for their religious and spiritual rituals of worshiping their ancestors, the people from other religions enjoy trekking and watching the very astonishing and wonderful activities of the different people.
Although it is known as Hindu pilgrimage, people from Buddhists community also take it equally important place for their own values and tradition of acquiring strength for meditation, enlightenment and cosmopolitan feelings. Local dances such as Syabru, Mane, and shamanism of typical Tamang (Buddhist) culture that performed on the occasion would enhance the fair robustly. In the area, majority of Tamangs who are categorized one of the very original and typical 70 ethnic communities of the country. Shamans perform the very tantric dance in their strange costumes representing of ancient and medieval ages.
Green Valley Nepal Treks & Research Hub Company will organize special programs at Gosainkunda in August. Green Valley Nepal has also arranged providing facilities to view the scenes from helicopters as part of the sightseeing.
Detail Itinerary for Religious ceremony in Gosaindkunda
19 August – Arrival Kathmandu air port-transfer- hotelDay 2
20 August - Sightseeing in Kathmandu valleyDay 3
21 August - Drive to DhuncheDay 4
22 August - Dunche - SinggompaDay 5
23 August - Singgompa - Gosaikund Lake 4000mDay 6
24 August - Gosaikund (Janaipurnima Festival)Day 7
25 August – Goisaikunda - GhopteDay 8
26 August - Ghopte - KutungshyangDay 9
27 August -Kutungs hyang - PatibhanjyanDay 10
28 Aaugust - Patibhanjyang - Sundarijal & drive to KathmanduDay 11
29 August - Fly to Bhartpur - drive to Chitwan National ParkDay 12-13
30 August - Continue safariDay 14
31 August - Drive to Bhartpur & fly back to KathmanduDay 15
02 Sept - Day 14: Final departure
01. Airport Pick up and drop off service by Private Coach.
02. 2 night's accommodation with breakfast at Hotel in Kathmandu
03. Sightseeing around Kathmandu (Including guide and entrance fees).
04. Three time food in a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
05. Accommodation during the trek.
06. An experience Guide (trained by Ministry of tourism), porters (generally 1 porter for 2 pax) their
07. Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments. Surface Transfer to destination from Kathmandu.
08. Flight or Bus or Car Fare as listed in trip Schedule.
09 Tourist service charge, Vat.
10 One map of Langtang/Gosaikunda Trek for the group.
11. Flight Ticket to Bharatpur
12. All food and acomodation in chitwan program.
13. All entrance fee in Nationalpark and all activities.
01. Meals whilst in Kathmandu.
02. Nepal Travel insurance.
03. Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)
04. You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu.
05. Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, Tips.
06. Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc
Group joining or your own private group (all prices are in USD)
US$ 649.00 per person
Fixed Departure Dates
No fixed departure dates for this trip. Please contact us for your intrested date.
Our website contains as much information as possible about trip. If you desire to talk about any feature of this trip or your suitability for this trip please. If you would prefer to talk with us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone: 00977-9841392186 anytime.