Druk Path Trek-12 Days
Trek in Bhutan
Trek in Bhutan
Cultural Highlights of Bhutan, shared with a stunning 5-day treká One of the finest short treks in Bhutan, the Druk Path leads from Paro to Thimphu, following the traditional high route between these towns. After an exploration of the Paro Valley, our first day's walk takes us up to the ruined Jeli Dzong which sits on a high ridge and commands breath-taking views across to Chomolhari. During the next 4 days of super breaking, we climb above the tree-line and cross several passes, including the Phume La (4210m.). En route, we make camp beside clear mountain lakes, visit a number of yak herders encampments and have splendid views of the peaks on the Bhutan/Tibet border, including Jitchu Drake and Gangkar Puensum. Arriving at Thimphu, we have a full program of sightseeing, at the impressive Tashichoedzong, the traditional summer capital of Bhutan and at the colourful Sunday Market. An excursion to the important dzongs at Punakha and Wangdi completes this unbeatable 2-week taste of Bhutan.
Parts of this trek are following the old route between Paro and Thimphu, crossing the chain of mountains that separates the two valleys. The route is sparsely inhabited (by nomadic yak herders) but there are wonderful lakes teeming with fish and the area is known for spectacular rhododendron forests which bloom in April & May. In the clear weather of late autumn and winter, great views of the Himalayas are seen as the most part of this trek is along the ridge.
Detail Itinerary for Druk Path Trek
Arrival in Katmandu International Airport and Transfer to Hotel O/N KATMANDU.2
A half day sightseeing tour and Bhutan Preparation. O/N KATMANDU.3
Arrive Paro & transfer to the hotel4
Trek begins from Paro - Jele dzong6
Trek to Jangchulakha7
Trek to Jimilangtsho lake8
Trek to Simkota9
Trek to Phajoding10
Trek to Thimphu (trek ends) and back to hotel11
Thimphu S/s and drive to Paro12
Departure back to Kathmandu
01. Airport Pick up and drop off service by Private Coach.
02. 2 night's accommodation with breakfast at Hotel in Kathmandu & 2 night's accommodation with breakfast at Hotel in Pokhara.
03. Sightseeing around Kathmandu
04. Three time food in a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
05. Accommodation during the trek.
06. An experience Guide (trained by Ministry of tourism), porters (generally 1 porter for 2 pax) their
07. Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments. Surface Transfer to destination from Kathmandu.
08. Flight or Bus or Car Fare as listed in trip Schedule.
09 Tourist service charge, Vat.
01. Meals whilst in Kathmandu & City area.
02. Travel insurance.
03. Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)
04. You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu.
05. Airport Tax in Nepal approx. US$ 24.
06. Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, Tips.
07. Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
Group joining or your own private group (all prices are in USD)
US$ 3270.00 per person
Fixed Departure Dates
No fixed departure dates for this trip. Please contact us for your intrested date.
Our website contains as much information as possible about trip. If you desire to talk about any feature of this trip or your suitability for this trip please. If you would prefer to talk with us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone: 00977-9841392186 anytime.